Sunday, February 11, 2007

Success and Failure

Sucess:
Well, today I successfully got the metro-bus ticket that they only sell to tourists. It´s a bus and subway combination ticket for unlimited use for seven days and it´s the most economical ticket available, until I´m able to get my monthly pass.

I asked for it in perfect Spanish from the ticket agent and he asked for my passport to verify that I was, indeed--a foreigner--because my Spanish was just that perfect. (Not really. Actually, he needed my passport number to issue it, but still, a girl can dream can´t she?)

Failure:
I started the apartment search today and found many cute little studios in many cute little areas and weren´t too expensive, and when I called about seeing each of them, every single one was already rented, and most of the rental announcements had just been put on the internet yesterday! Yikes. Clearly, finding an apartment to rent is going to be harder than I thought...and finding an apartment to rent for only five months is going to be impossible.