Friday, March 23, 2007

Randon Reflection #1: Bad 80s Rock




Spain´s radio has an unhealthy obsession with Phil Collins, Brian Adams, and last, but not least... yes, if you can believe it: Roxette. I kid you not.


I literally hear at least one song from each of them on the radio every day.


Roxette? DRESSED FOR SUCCESS and SHE'S GOT THE LOOK...(what in the world can make a brown girl's eyes turn blue, lalalalala-la, nan'nan'nananana'nah) I now know all the words.


Brian Adams. They played EVERYTHING I DO, I DO IT FOR YOU the other day, and I heard it for the first time in, like, fifteen years and thought....ahhh, I secretly like this song. Then, I heard it again. And again, and I no longer felt romantic. I wanted to send Brian Adams an email virus.


I currently hear Phil Collins in my head ALL THE FREAKING time. I can´t get away from the man. He was in the hardware store yesterday. He was in the internet cafe. He was in the bathroom in the Corte Ingles. Okay, so I will admit that I will sing along to SuSu-Sussudio!...as much as the next person. But really, I asked a Spaniard about it, and he said.."Phil Collins? I love Phil Collins."


I don´t think I´ve ever heard anyone EVER admit that they love Phil Collins. And certainly, not the ubiquitous Phil Collins who follows you into the bathroom when really you´d just like a moment without PHIL COLLINS!