Sunday, July 1, 2007

To Dan, With Love... Ducks

This is a post, specifically for Danny, who I know would have loved to watch all the ducks, just hanging out along the flat damn in Aranjuez. (double click to get the full effect).

Dan spent about two hours, trying to get my old Honda Civic to start up, so that he could take it to the car wash, because--in his words--it was filthy. Apparently, so filthy, in fact, that you couldn't see out the windows. (Well, when I left, it was still a dirty, snowy, salty Chicago winter). Anyway, I suppose this is what prompted someone to write "wash me" on the back window. I told Dan not to worry about it, or...if he really felt compelled to do something, then write back, "FUCK OFF"

But instead, Dan--being the wonderful Dan that he is--spent time jumping the battery of my car, pumping the gas for awhile (because I left it on empty and the gas had gone bad) and then drove it to a gas station for a refill and a car wash.

What can I say? Other than: To Dan, with love... ducks.