Sunday, May 6, 2007

Albaicin, my soon-to-be new home

This is me on the top of the Albaicin hillside in Granada that overlooks the Alhambra behind me. I have a funny look on my face because I'm wondering which is going to win first: the German tourist figuring out how to push the snapshop button on my camera, or my camera battery running out... The German man won! Yay for Germans!

This is the touristy lookout from Albaicin, but once you get away from this point and start wondering through the cobbled Moorish streets, it's peaceful, serene, and feels completed isolated from the modern world in the valley below. Perfect for my loner, gypsy proclivities.





Above is my new house that I plan to buy and move into ASAP! Geraniums and all!



I love this photo. Just some high school kids kicking it back on the front entrance of the Juan Miquel church. Double click on the photo to get the full effect.


How could you not LOVE waking up every morning and strolling down streets like this for your morning chocolate con churros?




These are the views of the city below from the Albaicin. Sign me up, baby.