Thursday, May 31, 2007

Swizterland - Gimmelwald

This was our first day in Switzerland, and the amazing weather in Barcelona followed us right into the Swiss Alps. We took a gondola up to the town of Gimmelwald and started our day of hiking from that point. This was definitely my most favorite day in Switzerland, despite having to learn how to pee in the trees for the first time in my entire life (I know, I know, I´m such a city girl). Still, it was a blast!






Dan, below, with his mistress. Damn that internet phone.


In the above picture, you can barely see the little town of Murren--at the bottom of the photo. That´s how massive the mountains are and how high we were hiking!


This is me, saying "yo mama," at Dan´s suggestion that we hike the other side of the mountains--the side with the jagged snowy cap peaks. (Actually, he probably wasn´t suggesting that. I was probably just spontaneously having sassy attitude.)



This puny electrical rod gate was the source of much discussion.

I know it doesn´t look that formidable in this photo, but a very gnarly-looking electric fence ran on both sides of it, and there was no other trail in sight. So passing through this puny little electrical rod gate was the only way to keep going on the trail.

Well, as you might imagine, City Girl Sassy Catalina stood back and did what any smart woman would do. I let the man crawl under the electrical rod gate--first.